Friday, February 11, 2011

The Boy in the House

We've been a house of girls for nine years now. People keep telling me boys are very different. Nature or nurture...I secretly ponder. So, here's my Jack at eight months. I have to admit there are a couple of things about him that are very un-girly.





First of all, his appetite. For crying out loud! Ruby could hold her own with a bottle, mind you, but she has nothing on Jack. Currently, he has three squares a day (squares being cereal and a fruit or veggie..or pizza, etc.) and a bottle every few hours. Pretty much since birth he has eaten every two to three hours unless he is sleeping.



Secondly, his play is very different than the girls. Instead of playing inside his little activity gym, he likes to lie under it and inspect the chassis. He is able to roll across the living room floor and get himself positioned under it as you see in the picture. My dad serviced cars for a living, so this warms my heart on some level to see him following an instinct passed down from his grandfather.

I'm sure in the next few months more boy-behaviors will surface. I look forward to some variety after so many years of pink.

No comments: