Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I (HEART) NY

Saturday was the long awaited birthday trip to NYC. I have not written about it yet because, to be honest, I am still recovering. (Sign of aging? or aging while pregnant?) Julie and I had a wonderful day. This was my first time in New York City. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting. I am certain I was not expecting the sheer masses of people on the streets and in the stores or the disarming friendliness of everyone we encountered. The weather was just dreadful...pouring rain turning into driving snow. But the experience was enjoyable, all the same. The bus that delivered us in the city took us down to lower Manhattan. We lunched at Rockefeller Center and mapped out our day. We shopped in FAO Swartz and Macy's, visited Saint Patrick's Cathedral, dined on Italian confections and New York style pizza, and we had hours upon hours of uninterrupted, undistracted conversation. Grown-up conversation is a rare luxury for Julie and I since we almost always have an audience of seven. God was generous to give me a reprieve from the morning sickness for the day. The bus ride home felt like some level of pregnancy purgatory, but all in all, a good day.
Crowds at Macy's....madness.
The tree at Rockefeller Center. I had always wanted to see this!






No comments: